PHL 118 (22171688) 12:00 PM Section: Monday / Wednesday / Friday 12:00-12:50 PM, Anspach Hall 167
PHL 118 (22171689) 1:00 PM Section: Monday / Wednesday / Friday 1:00-1:50 PM, Anspach Hall 167
Note: I am teaching two sections of Moral Problems this Fall (12:00 PM and 1:00 PM). Everything here applies to both sections unless otherwise noted.
Important Resources for this Course:
- Course Syllabus: You can always find here a PDF of the current syllabus (12pm version, 1pm version [revised 4/16/12]), which includes the most up-to-date schedule of readings and course information.
- Recent Posts: Announcements, assignments and additional resources for the course are all posted to this site. Posts related to this course are categorized under Moral Problems (Spring 2012). Check these posts often (see below for some options on how to receive updates automatically).
- Blackboard Site: In this course, we will be using the course site on CMU Blackboard primarily for accessing PDF versions of required readings. Make sure you download and print these PDFs in plenty of time to read them and bring them to class on the day the reading is due.
- Contact Me: Always feel free to contact me with questions about the course, the assignments or the reading materials. If you have a questions about course mechanics, please be courteous and look first at the syllabus and then at the course FAQs page to make sure an answer to your question is not already available. You can always post a comment to the FAQ page if you think your question would be pertinent to others in the class, and I will reply to your comment. Of course, I am always happy to answer your questions about course mechanics and anything else regarding the course by e-mail or in person (office hours or before/after class).
- Course FAQs: When I get a question from a student and the answer seems useful to others in the course, I will post the answer here.
How to Get Course Updates:
All posts on this site that relate to this course will be categorized under Moral Problems (Spring 2012). You can always see the most recent updates by coming to this site and clicking on this category (a link for the category is available on the home page sidebar and on the Teaching page). It is highly recommended that you use the e-mail subscription option below to ensure you receive the updates once a day. Feel free to use any additional methods for more instantaneous and convenient updates.
- E-mail: Once a day (around 9pm) a digest of any new posts will be e-mailed to anyone who has subscribed to the Feedburner digests for the course. These e-mails are separatefrom direct e-mails that I may send through Blackboard. To get the digests, you will need to (1) sign-up for the Feedburner digests and then be sure to (2) follow the activation instructions that come in the initial e-mail.
- RSS: All items tagged for the course will post to this dedicated RSS feed. You can subscribe to this feed in your preferred feed reader (Google Reader, NewsGator, etc.) or home page (Google, Yahoo, etc.). If you are already familiar with using RSS feeds, then you’re good to go. If you want to know more about how to use feeds, check out this quick video or this write-up.
- Twitter: If you are one of those people who is constantly checking Twitter, you can follow this site’s Twitter feed @querelapacis. Updates for this course will be preceded with the#PHL118Spr12 hash tag (the Twitter feed includes updates for my other courses, as well).
If you are having trouble getting updates via one of these methods, let me know so that I can make sure everything is working properly and share the solutions with others in the class.